Reducing and eliminating toxins in your body does not have to be complicated. In fact, simple practices in our daily life can have a big impact on how we support our body to eliminate and reduce the number of toxins that get introduced into our bodies every day from the food we eat, the water we drink, the air we breathe and the products we use on our body and in our house.
Here are some super simple ways to reduce the toxins coming into your body so you can better preserve your health and help prevent disease:
- Water: Start each day with a glass of spring or filtered water and the juice of one lemon to help flush toxins and alkalize the body. Be sure to also continue drinking water throughout the day.
- Vegetable Juice: Drink a freshly made vegetable juice daily that includes hearty greens such as kale and spinach helps to cleanse the cells of toxins.\
- Oils: Eliminate toxic oils from your diet such as vegetable, peanut, and canola. Instead, use oils high in omega-3s, -6s, and -9s, such as extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil, hemp oil, or avocado oil.
- Tea: Teas such as dandelion, milk thistle, and nettles are great for detoxification.
- Raw Fruits and Vegetables: Fruit and vegetables contain enzymes that improve nutrient absorption and aid digestion.
- Sugar: Avoid white sugars and any other artificial sweeteners, as they can toxify the body. Instead, opt for natural sweeteners such as stevia, honey, coconut sugar, date sugar, molasses, or maple syrup.
- White Flour: Consuming white flour overworks the digestive system and can cause digestive disorders. Substitute with other flours such as spelt flour, kamut flour, quinoa flour, or brown rice flour