There is so much a I love about Fall foods – the colors, the warming flavors, the sweet aromas. With squashes, pumpkin, and sweet potatoes are at their peak in Autumn I often get overwhelmed deciding which of these seasonal vegetable options to cook. My young boys are not as crazed about the flavors as I am and my restaurateur husband has been working like crazy and rarely is home for meals so I’ve had to get creative on how to enjoy the Fall harvest. Since I make a smoothie still several times a week I opted to take my roasted sweet potato and turn it into a delicious, creamy milkshake-like breakfast packed with some added superfoods to power me through the day!
- 1/2 roasted sweet potato (wash a whole sweet potato, poke several holes around with a fork, roast at 400 F for 35-60 mins depending on size, or until soft or oozing slightly)
- 1 ripe organic pear
- 2 tbsp of organic cashew butter
- 1 tsp of organic cinnamon*
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom*
- 3-4 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp of hemp hearts
- 2 cups Hemp milk
- 4-5 ice cubes
* could use 1.5 tsp of Pumpkin Pie spice in place of cinnamon and cardamom
- Add sweet potato and pear to blender. Add Hemp milk and then rest of ingredients. Blend. Enjoy!